Saturday, July 5, 2008

Getting it Together

Tubby had a fever overnight that lasted throughout most of today. It now makes sense why he was constantly whining all day yesterday despite anything we would try to do to cheer him up. Because of his ill being, Bob and I took turns driving to our golf lessons this morning in Chaska. I got the better deal, because by the time it was my turn for a lesson and hand off the baby to Daddy to take back home, he was full of watery poop, and his congenitally clogged tear duct was draining blood tinged goop. A Daddy's got to experience what it's like to be a Mommy in order to fully appreciate this job of ours!

My golf lesson went well.....I hesitate to say it, but I think that I may finally be getting the hang of it. While still a long way from even being able to play well, I CAN see improvement and even see a glimmer of this being an attainable skill....even for uncoordinated me! I "graduated" to a lower tee today, and moved on to a new club: the hybrid. It's size messed with my head a bit, and given my fear of flying, the instructor's reference to pretending to brush the plane's wheels on the ground without disrupting the passengers inside did not bode well for me. Sadly, not only did I disturb them all, but I killed many a planeful of passengers this morning. Frustrating, a bit.

On the way home, I stopped into the local tire shop, and was thankful they had had some cancellations today. This allowed my tires to be removed and replaced BEFORE we all died on the highway. Whew! What a relief. I can't believe what a difference the new tires make. The ride feels wonderful! I spent the 80 minutes waiting for my truck by shopping hardware stores (the only thing close by). I was not prepared to leave when the call came that my truck was finished. Who knew how much fun it would be to browse!

Best part of the day? Alex came home from Seattle! He had been sending us pictures throughout his trip by retaining remote access to his bedroom computer. I will try to post a slideshow here, but I have no idea if it will work or not. He had a good trip, saw some great things, and did a lot of stuff. Oh, and his ears did not hurt so bad....my little boy has grown up!

Click here for Slideshow:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=105d4w3i.6sc4urtu&Uy=7uapi6&Ux0&UV=824476381033_979617648306

1 comment:

Grandma Q said...

Wow! Great shots Alex! You have a good eye for pictures like Grandpa Z. Water & mountains - looks like the perfect place - until I saw the huge downtown. Too many people. Glad you had a fun time. Love, Grandma?