Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sunday Drives, Veggietales Live, and Horseback Rides

Sundays are busy. Really busy. That's just with church. And 3 kids in 3 separate performance arts groups all rehearsing on Sundays. At different times. Add some hockey.....say two sessions, and Sundays are nearly impossible to handle. Oh, and I almost forgot about junior and senior high youth group in the evening. At a different church. How do we even manage?
One particular Sunday, I tracked my minutes driving to and from church. It was more than 200 minutes. And that did not count the driving to another location in the middle of the day. One may have found this driving time to be rather depressing, and at first glance, it seemed like it on such a dreary overcast day. But the drive along Highway 5 was bursting in peak of the beautiful fall colors of this season, making each pass a glorious sight to behold each and every time. I tried to take many pictures along the path, but at 60 MPH, they did not turn out as well as I had wanted. I even took some video along one of the most beautiful stretches. At 60MPH, I am sure that was a perfectly safe thing to do.


As if my life couldn't get any more exciting, I spent one evening with 4 of the kids watching singing and dancing vegetables on a stage out in Lakeville.
Don't get me wrong, I love Veggietales, and my kids think they are great......it just seems like such a funny thing to talk about when you say it out loud. The show was entertaining, a good lesson learned about each of us being special, and some nice quality time spent with a group of my kids.


A cancelled therapy session allowed me to take my 4 middle kids back to Jordan for an afternoon horseback ride. This is something I have wanted to do with my kids for three years, and today was the day! The day was gorgeous, the trail a beautiful array of majestic fall color, and the horses mild and well mannered. It was a full hour through rolling orchard and woods, of one of the loveliest rides I have been on. Michael, Jonny, Crispy, and Melissa enjoyed this special outing without the littlest people in our family holding us back.
We ended our afternoon with some apple treats, and warming by the huge stone fireplace in the apple house. We couldn't leave without bringing more treats home to the others. Aren't we nice?

No comments: