Saturday, March 21, 2009

Purple Butterflies


OK....this is going to be SUPER FUN for me, but anyone who has an aversion to cutesy things had better not look at this post. Seriously. It is way over the top.


I like to do little projects around the house. When I get creative ideas. When I have money to accomplish those ideas. When I have time. My favorite project thus far is my Moo-Loo.....the bathroom near the mudroom that I painted white with large black cow spots all over the walls. I love it! It turned out so well!


This next one turned out well, also. It has been in the works for at least two years.....not because it was a difficult task. Not because it was too expensive. In fact, I have had all the materials necessary for the past two years, up in a corner of my bedroom. As with most other things, I simply did not have the time.

As a birthday present to me, Pam and Lyle solved that problem by becoming my worker bees. They painted the walls......a gorgeous shade of lilac. I added decorative touches. Lyle cut the fencing and applied it to the walls along with the wire flowers. I hung towel rings, put together an adorable step stool, and added just a few butterflies. What once began as the "Butterfly Bathroom", coined by my kids 5 years ago because there was ONE butterfly on the small garbage can......has now become a "Butterfly Bathroom" quite deserving of it's name!!! Thank you Lyle and Pam....I LOVE IT!!!

No comments: