Sunday, April 11, 2010

Casting Crowns Concert


Tonight I took my three oldest boys to the Casting Crowns concert at the Xcel. It was awesome. As always. I have been to each of their concerts since they debuted as the opening band for Steven Curtis Chapman several years ago. My friend, Lisa, and I had not even heard of them before that night. They were amazing then. I was instantly hooked. They remain an amazing band now.


There is something compelling about the group. Not only are the musical compositions original, engaging, and downright of fabulous musical and lyrical quality, but the messages are pure. Strong, unapologetically focused on the truth in God's Word. Convicting. Wonderful. Worth the listen.


Hands down my favorite group. And it has been so great to share them with my boys. I have taken Alex and Michael on separate occasions. This year, I traded in the idea of two higher priced tickets, and instead purchased four to enjoy with all three boys at once. We were a bit farther away than our typical seats located in the first section from the stage (ok, maybe we were about as far away as possible while still officially sitting in a seat), but the sound was just as good, the message just as amazing, and the evening a beautiful success. Though the biggest boys have moved on more to the likes of "Christian screamo" music for daily listening, this was truly a fantastic night shared with my big boys. I can't wait until next time!

No comments: