Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Post Without a Topic Title


It's yet another beautiful day to be outside. Laura is beginning to ride a bike. Melissa's old bike fits Laura perfectly this year. And it is perfectly pretty and pink, looking nearly brand new! Getting those pedals to go in a forward direction is trickier than one would think. But with a little practice, she'll be riding well in no time.

Tubby could spend all day riding around on his Batman "bike". He drives it so well, both in forward and reverse. And of course, he is the envy of all the little neighborhood boys. I especially like how adorable he looks as he rides with his cool Batman shades!This little guy just LOVES Batman. None of our other boys ever got into superheros before, so this is kind of a fun new thing for all of us. So, for Thomas, he plays Batman outside, Batman inside, and Batman made out of just about anything(these are made using my Cricut, and he played with these for days). At our house, it is common for him to say, "Batman saves the day!", followed with a whoosh sound.....which is apparently Batman flying off to his latest rescue.

And while these guys play, I have been taking down Christmas lights. I have clocked 17 hours so far. Sad thing is, one can barely tell the difference. There are so many lights!!!! My friend Colleen came by one day to help for a little while...thank you! It seemed to make some measurable progress having two of us removing Christmas decor from the yard. My hostas and daylilies appreciate being uncovered,too! But seriously....holy cow.....this project is going to take me all.summer.long. Well, with my ankle yet unstable and swollen, hockey remains out of the question for this spring. I will just have to make my yard my exercise routine for now.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I think you get a pass on exercise when you have a broken ankle. Unless you want to go swimming - but I'll bet even that would hurt. 17 hours is a lot of time taking down lights! I think I would just leave them. :)