Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome Back, Little g's

After two days of running around, we spent today at home. I had so much planned to help get this house back in order. The kids were happy to sit around some, play with Polly Pockets and Cars in the water table, race plasma cars in the basement, and of course, update their Webkinz and other online accounts. Using the timer for 20 minute intervals has been a fabulous way to organize this time between 4 kids and one laptop computer. And Bethany? She cried. ALL DAY LONG. I have witnesses....you can ask any of them. I am pretty sure that she hates being home. Ever. So....nothing on my list got done. Again.



With being away from home for the past two days, it was easiest to use disposable diapers for Bethany. I really like the concept of the Little g diapers, but with a breast fed baby and all that liquidy poop, most diaper changes have been somewhat of a mess. I AM getting a better system going, and the covers are staying cleaner longer, with only the nylon liners needing to be swapped out and washed with each change instead of the whole cloth set. But when out and about, this was too much of a hassle....not to mention, a mess.



With all of the struggles I have been having getting used to these diapers, but really wanting them to work out for me, I was surprised that after two days, I missed them! I was actually looking forward to putting those cute cloth things back on her baby bottom again this morning, and use them all day long. They hold leaks better than the hypoallergenic Huggies I am using, and all around, fit her so much better. After this little hiatus from what I felt was getting too annoying to continue working with, I found myself liking the Little g's even more: the absorbent pads, the flushable option, the breathable liners, the cute cotton covers, the great fit, and the absence of all redness or rash. The extra step of washing out those little liners and snapping a new one in is worth it in the end....even if it means I am the only adult around brave enough to change these things. And when I have to use disposables, I am heading back over to Amazon.com for a case of Seventh Generation diapers. No other disposable even comes close to the quality of these.



I like to think that Bethany likes the Little g's a little more, too!

1 comment:

Grandma C said...

Hi peanut--cute smiley face--knew it was in there somewhere! Looking forward to seeing it in person--Mommy, still waiting for that pix for my frame! Love, Grandma