Friday, September 25, 2009

Inspired

This week was a long one. We thought we had Swine Flu. I think it was more likely a run of the mill cold. Regardless, it made for lots of tired, crabby, sad, runny-nosed little tykes around here. It was kind of tough. But through it all, I found myself to somehow manage a few demonstrations of inspiration.

Photographing my baby.
I obviously do not know what I am doing here, but I like to pretend that I know how to take really neat pictures.

Cleaning the table.
Seriously, this clutter has been here for months. I will spare you from all the photos I took during cleaning time...every 15 minutes....to document progress. This literally took me ALL DAY to accomplish. But it was worth it as we actually got to USE our table for dinner, and the cookie jar in the center was even filled with homemade peanut butter cookies.


Baking bread.
At my dad's retirement party, I met another highly smart individual (who was basically responsible for setting up the Symposium) who also happens to have a bread baking hobby and has co-authored a book in print called "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day." After reading about his book, and checking out his website, I knew I HAD to have the book, and it arrived on Tuesday (as did my new SHARP knives for cutting the bread!). Dr. Jeff Hertzberg is a delightful fellow who held my baby before I even realized he was famous.

This bread is way too easy, and completely fabulous. When the kids had it for dinner the first night, Jonny said, "Wow, Mom. This tastes just like the kind of bread you get at restaurants with the dipping oil." Yeah, it's that good! This is their new book which I am anticipating later next month:

Start your own, beginning at http://www.artisanbreadin5.com/


Basking in God's Love.
Sure, this might sound corny to some, but when you feel it, you FEEL it. And there is nothing at all corny about it! I have been reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, and good golly, does it awaken your heart to what God has intended for you as His precious and beloved child. Seriously, you know how much you love your own kids? Well God loves you infinitely more than that. I know we all know that, but stop and THINK about that for a moment. Isn't that incredibly AMAZING?!? If I were a bazillionaire, I would be sending this book (along with a Bible, if needed) to each and every person I know.


Go here: http://www.crazylovebook.com/ and read some of the first chapter, and watch a video. Go NOW. Then grab your Bible and bask in God's love for you as you study His word. God loves YOU!



And I am holding out for more inspiration next week!


No comments: