Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ending the Season

Hockey is finally coming to a close. Michael is preparing for District play-offs next week. Christopher continues to attend scrimmages and end of the season fun practices. Michael is still quite insistent that this will be his last year of hockey. It will be a sad end for us, as we have become so endeared with the sport and Michael has come such a long way in the past 6 years. On the other hand, the time commitment continues to grow each year, leaving him little time for other things that might interest him. And when you add in all of his many different band extracurriculars and youth group, he is left with a seriously busy schedule.

Christopher continues to attend scrimmages and end of the season fun practices. It will be another year before he enters hockey on the competitive level. One of the highlights of every year for these littler guys, is the Bloomington Mite Jamboree. It is a weekend filled with hockey "games" (though score is not officially kept), a free t-shirt, a bag tag, and super cool trophy. And really, isn't it all just about getting that super cool trophy? I am still quite a novice with my new camera, and was really happy to get to try out my macro lens over the past two weekends at Crispy's games. See, I actually won a Visa gift card from one of my favorite blog spots---Owlhaven--- (exciting because I never win anything!), and I treated myself to something for once: I finally got a camera bag (in pretty pink patent leather) that will hold my camera plus an extra lens or two, my video recorder AND my little point and shoot. Crispy is a great subject to photograph!
Tubby, Jonny, and Bethany turned out to be great subjects, too!
Now I just need a few hands-on lessons and some major instruction in Photoshop, and I could perhaps look like a pro someday!

Christopher really likes hockey, but will be quick to tell you that he hates practices. Don't they all? He needs to beef up his skills a bit and work on his stride in order to catch up to everyone else (we just are not die-hard enough fanatics to go year-round hockey with him yet....he's only 8!). We will try to do something for him this summer in order to try to help him improve a bit. He really does not seem to mind or notice, but from the stands, there is an unmistakable difference. As a non-competitive family, hockey is sort of a funny choice for us. But as long as our kids are having fun, we are sticking with it!

No comments: