Monday, June 30, 2008

So Far, Not so Good

The kids woke me up this morning by coming into the room I was sleeping in, sitting down, and nonchalantly telling me Jonny had puked in the bathroom. Though a nurse, I am able to handle any amount of body fluid except for puke. Not such a great way to wake up. Needing to clean it up, I begrudgingly got out of bed and headed down the hall. Opening the bathroom door, the stench was overwhelming, and the scene one as from a horror movie. I have NEVER seen a sight more was as though the boy did not even try to make it to the toilet, as the lid remained closed, puddles of puke one inch deep around it, and puke trails and splatter over every surface and item in that room. The rugs were so saturated that they had to be thrown away. It took me over 90 minutes to clean up that mess. I still don't get lazy do you have to be to puke all over the bathroom like that? It was definitely much more than a one least 4 or 5. You'd think at some point the kid would have been able to open the toilet lid. Gross.

We were a bit late leaving due to this unplanned cleanup job, but Melissa was only 5 minutes late to riding. She had an awesome ride today, and looked happy once again on her horse. The kids experienced trail riding today as they left the confines of the indoor arena and walked their horses in the sunny yet mild out of doors. They all just beamed with pleasure. Melissa was on cloud nine all day was so nice to see her happy.

I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping and cooking for someone who had had a baby last month. Making one meal for them and one meal for us worked out pretty well, but I was surprised how much more time it took to make something for someone else. I do not have to worry about presentation for my family....they are lucky they get any food of any kind! I spent over 2 hours trying to call their phone in order to drop off their meal. After no answer, I drove the 15 minutes to their house, "just in case". There they were, looking starving...the number I had was wrong, and now it was 7pm! I felt terrible for making them wait so long, especially since I had had it prepared since 4pm. It was nice to do something for someone else, and even better seeing the brand new tiny baby girl. Funny thing was, it didn't even make me want another one. Perhaps I am really moving onto a new chapter in my life!
Happy Birthday, Cally!!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I totally understand - I'm not even the slightest bit jealous of my 39 week pregnant sister-in-law. I want no part of that getting up all night feedings or changing diapers every two hours. Perhaps I am ready to move on as well?