Sunday, April 19, 2009

Still Sub Par

Our organic meals this weekend have been FABULOUS! The kids have gobbled up everything I have made them, and we have been eating well at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I think that we all feel our insides singing! And singing happy songs, instead of the sad ballads of the past two weeks. All except Alex, who today remained secluded in his bedroom with constant stomach upset and headache. Will this never end???
*****
We have moved to partial organic over the past couple of years, but it has been difficult both on pocketbook and logistically not being able to find ALL organics living in this small town. Driving 45 minutes into the cities on Friday took some planning, but after experiencing 100% organics over the weekend with such positive results and rave reviews, just by eating these "normal" foods (nothing fancy, just our usual meals prepared with the best of the best), I am now convinced it will be worth the drive. I can't wait to go back to the store!
*****
After church today, I brought 3 of the boys with me down to Abbott to have another BPP. Bob was at home with the girls and Tubby, as he has been on call this weekend. My parents met us there to take the boys to lunch at the International Market located via underground tunnel from the hospital. While they enjoyed a wonderful Mexican lunch, I sipped on ice water in a very quiet and calm room, watching my baby move and groove on ultrasound, and then listening to her beautiful little heartbeat for a few hours. Every nurse has commented on how big Bethany's feet are....today, the nurse even measured them---more than 5cm long! She is either going to be a tall girl and shadow over her short brother Tubby (who is still only 50%), or she is going to be a skinny little thing with unusually large feet!

Big Foot


The test went much like Thursday, but with some small changes like a few breathing movements, and 1cm more of amniotic fluid. Her heart rate even looked reactive when we first began her tracings. All was looking good! About 15 minutes into the monitor tracings, I had a mild contraction...not a big deal, I have several of these each hour. Bethany chose to make this one a big deal, and dropped her heart rate into the 80's (normal is 120-160) for 30 seconds, up above 100 for thirty seconds, then back into 80's-low 90's for at least two minutes. We changed position and she did recover, slowly at first, but bought herself an additional hour of monitoring. She did well through all other contractions (I had at least 4 more), and seemed to recover without any ill effects. But with the amniotic fluid still at the lowest end of OK, closer observation is necessary to determine what exactly is going on. So, back again we will go on Tuesday. *sigh*

The boys had a GREAT time with Grandma and Grandpa.....and they were so sweet to bring me a falaffel pita sandwich and baklava. Thank you, Mom & Dad! It was SO GOOD! It was much too large to eat while driving, but fun to enjoy the fragrant aroma on the hour long ride home. It was a good distraction from the constant "binging" alarm in my truck. Something is wrong with my engine, causing oil leakage, and I have no idea how we will pay for repairs or when I can even give it up for a day. What I really want to do is just lie down on the couch for a few hours and take a break. I will have to put that on hold another week as Bob is out of town for work, and my day starts bright and early in about 6-1/2 hours. *YAWN!* Good Night!

1 comment:

Alison said...

We've heard reports about an awfully bad GI bug going around - and I hope not to experience it first hand. I hope you guys are over it now. How awful. And what a bummer about your BPP. I hope all goes well on Tuesday. We'll be thinking of you.