Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Little Taste of Normalcy

Jonny is really enjoying his theater camp at church. They are working on the classic Fiddler on the Roof and getting some really great exposure to some fantastic music. They have been working hard from 9am until after 12 noon, rehearsing, singing, putting together costumes and props, and just having a great time. The big premiere is on Saturday evening...I can't wait!

After a long day driving Jonny around, picking up two additional kids somewhere in between, and spending the afternoon in the hot backyard with the water slide, I was SO ready to get out of here for hockey tonight. It was fabulous. I love it. This clinic is great, with helpful drills, lots of challenging exercises, and tons of good learning information about the game, how to play your position, why we do what we do, etc. It's awesome. I am so glad we are finally in the right spot with women at our same level. That sure took a little bit of trial and error to get it right!

Some women were going out after practice to Famous Dave's. I immediately had my "My baby is home waiting for me" excuse out. But instead, I called my husband, who encouraged me to go (despite my wanting to be a chicken). I am really glad that I did, because I had a great time. These women were so nice, and we all were moms who have kids around the same age (ok, I can pretty much match ages with anyone I meet unless they have college kids). The evening was beautiful and cool, and the food was so good! I do not get out much at all, and this was my first time being at Famous Dave's....it was all so very very yummy! So, going to hockey, out for dinner and drinks, sitting around talking and laughing, sharing stories and funny kid things....so this is what it is like to be a "normal" adult! I wonder if I will get to experience another "normal" event again someday!

No comments: