Monday, January 14, 2008

His Father's Son

What is it about the male species and the remote control? I honestly do not understand it. If it is missing, rather, misplaced under the likes of a couch cushion or pillow, my husband goes nuts. It is the first thing that my boys grab when they enter the room, and the first thing that they usually drop on the floor (and subsequently leave on the floor). The remote is quite the hot commodity in our home filled with boys. I would prefer the absence of both remote and tv, but unfortunately, I have been greatly outvoted.


Tonight, Tubby inducted himself into the remote control club. I let him hold one for the first time as he was fussing before bed. As he grabbed it, you could hear and see him sigh with contentment. How does he already know of it's magical powers??? He held onto it with both hands as he began to drift off to sleep in my lap. At one point, Bob took it out of his hands to change the channel. Thomas sat up like a shot and tantrummed, he was so upset! Bob quickly gave it back to him, and the remote's soothing powers worked like a charm as they had the first time he held it. The baby then easily and happily drifted off to dreamland, the precious remote control held tightly in his tiny little boy hands. I guess it is just a guy thing!

No comments: