Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday Madness

Every year, there seems to be one day during the week that is always crazy busy. In the past, that title was nearly always reserved for Thursdays. This year, it has been Mondays. Not only is it busy during the day as I try to recover the house from the invasion of all the kids over the weekend, but evening activities seem to be never ending. Throw in a couple of dental appointments, an ortho visit, an eyeglass appointment or two, a spontaneous haircut, math league, beginning homeschooling, and two hours of shovelling...whew! Was I even inside my house today?? At 5pm, I was rummaging through the kitchen for dinner ideas when I found a large bowl overflowing with bread dough I had placed to rise in the oven earlier that morning at 8:30 am! Intent on tossing it, I decided to bake it up anyway, and though a bit deflated, it was a great treat for us all...we are all fresh breaders...yum, yum! After inhaling dinner and attending to Laura's lacerated punture wounds on her head due to a surprise encounter with her neb machine, Jonny & I were off with the baby to an extended cub scout meeting. Let me tell you, you have not experienced terror until you have been in a room full of 10 year old boys (some with obvious ADHD)mixed with real saws and power drills...I was awake til 2am just trying to mentally recover from that experience. We did manage to unwind and watch Chuck when Michael came home from hockey at 9:30 pm. Oh my, has it been a busy day!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I find myself kind of dreading the very busy years of practices, games, clubs, etc. You're not helping me feel any better about this! :)