Thursday, December 6, 2007

Warm Fuzzies

It is so beautiful with all the snow covering the ground. Everything looks so crisp and clean and new. The sun is shining and the snow is as a sparkling blanket covering our neighborhood. I hope it will look just as pretty tomorrow as I look out the window from the spot on my couch I will be bedridden on from all this shovelling over the last few days. OWIE! I think every joint in my body is jammed from the insults thanks to the compacted snow hiding under the shiny fluffy white stuff.

Just as the flakes are sparkling outside my window, my children's accomplishments seem to be sparkling this week as well. Today, report cards came home. I am pleased to say that all of the kids are doing wonderfully....We've got "A's" aplenty for EVERYONE! Melissa is making great progress on meeting her team goals in school as well. At conferences, I enjoyed the gushing comments over my children from their teachers: "Melissa is so sweet, and so determined. She is just a joy." "Jonny is such a leader in the classroom. All the boys want to pick him as a partner for assignments." "Christopher is so bright and kind...he does not have a problem with anyone or anything." "Alex is an amazing kid...I like his passion for things." "Michael is such a great student and role model..I will miss him in our classroom." And the comments went on and on. As icing on the cake, Michael was also named as one of the hockey captains this evening for his team!

I take no credit for these things....my kids' accomplishments are their own doings. They are projections of the usage of their God-given gifts and talents. It pleases my soul to see them utilize their abilities and to let themselves shine. Each year, actually each conference I attend, it seems harder to fight back the tears of joy and pride (good kind of pride) in my children. It is such a fantastic thing to watch them blossom over the years....not only academically, but socially and spiritually as well. Looking at my baby, I can see each of my other children as they were as infants. It boggles my mind to compare them from their tiny little starts to the big things they are doing now. God has certainly blessed us greatly...for that I will be forever thankful...even on days when things seem impossible. My children ROCK!!

No comments: