Saturday, May 31, 2008

Party on the Farm

Yesterday morning, I woke up with my first ever adult ear ache. "Interesting" I thought to myself. "Hmmmm....my ear hurts." Then I went on with my day, which had been extremely busy with the kids at school. When I went to bed last night, I had been taking 50mg of Benadryl and 1000mg of Tylenol every 3-4 hours, thinking, "Wow, my ear REALLY does hurt. Hmm...."


This morning, I awoke to increasing discomfort. My left ear now felt nearly swollen shut, it hurt drastically to the touch, when I talked, and even when I walked from the reverberration of each step. "Hmmm....there might be something really wrong here. Ouch!" I kept on with my Benadryl and Tylenol cocktails throughout the day, certain that this must be allergy related. Though perhaps this will be my annual Spring brush with death.....maybe this will turn into a brain infection?


Bob and I had an early golf lesson in Chaska which went well as I was able to find about 90 minutes of acceptable relief between medications. This pro is really so good....I feel like there is an actual possibility that I will be able to play golf someday! I am still on the basics of a simple swing, but really, that is the most important foundation of the game, so I am happy to be learning it correctly. Bob is currently working on his short game....it was fun to watch his lesson with the pitching wedges thinking that someday, I would be able to do that too!


This afternoon, we drove down to Grandma & Lyle's farm. It was meant to be a Wedding Reception/Graduation Party for them and Lyle's twin girls, but it pretty much ended up as just a graduation party. I felt bad for Pam, as she seemed visibly stressed today....that is not something that you typically see with her. It seemed like a nice enough party. The food was great, the hail and rain all ended before the droves of people showed up so that there was plenty of outdoor seating in the sparkling sunshine, the living room was FILLED with awards and pictures of the girls during their high school years (they were involved in everything possible), and my kids had fun playing games in the basement(where they could not incur any damage to party preparations). I was pretty miserable by the time we got there, so besides making punch and trying to keep a happy smile on(which hurt, by the way), I do not remember much else. After a quick peek at the sheep, we went home. We had to promise our disappointed kids that we would come back on another day....I think that they had expected more play on the farm today.....but after a few days of rain, the muddy ground is not so playable. I didn't even take any good pictures today.....I MUST be ill.

No comments: