Saturday, November 17, 2007

Lovely Locks

My son Alex, has beautiful hair. He has been growing it for 4 years, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Melissa became very upset and cried a few months ago when Alex's hair measured longer than hers. I cried as mine was falling out after the baby was born and my son's became more luscious by the day.

Today, Alex's hair became spectacular. He donated it to Locks of Love. He shocked us all when he stated he would like to get a haircut. Initially, it had been a challenge getting use to his long hair, but we all became accustomed to it, and liked it just as much as he did. Instead of cheers from us with his decsion to cut it, we all were like, "What?" "What do you
mean?""Alex, no!" "You can't!" "Are you sure?" He was sure. He even cut 4 inches more than he had planned when he learned of the donation minimum...he donated a full 10 inches of beautiful, thick hair....2 ponytails worth! His hair will be used to give someone else hope and happiness...and many compliments, I am sure.

I am so proud of my son....he made a HUGE change today:both for himself and somebody else too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What Alex did is so awesome! Thank you for sharing with us. He made a tremendous personal sacrifice to help someone else. I am so very proud of him too! - Grandma Z.