Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hosanna to the King!

In our church packed with people, nothing was quite as impressive as the parade of more than 130 kids dressed in green and purple walking through the aisles, waving palm branches, and singing "Savior, He can move the mountains...my God is mighty to save...." The kids filed orderly onto the risers in front, continuing their song. They then blessed the congregation with 2 additional, beautiful songs. It was fantastic. They were singing their sweet little hearts out, shining bright for Jesus. How Wonderful!

On this Palm Sunday morn, I woke Jonny & Melissa at 6:45am to ready them for their day. This is the usual time for them to wake up on school days, but after a late night full of dancing and eating wedding cake the night before, I had some pretty sleepy kids on my hands. They dressed up in their Sunday's finest, Jonny with shirt and tie, Melissa with a brand new dress and sweater ("No bare shoulders allowed"). The kids were to arrive at church by 7:30am (we made it by 7:40, not too shabby for us), and sing through 3 morning services. Bob & I attended the last service. You would think these poor kids would be exhausted by now, but they performed excellently! What troopers! The kids were applauded loudly, and I am pretty sure that there was even some cheering going on. Jonny said that the applause they received at this last service was greater than any other. What a nice way for the kids to end their long morning.

I do not remember much of the rest of the day, thanks to yet another Spring headache. Bob let me take a nap this afternoon which I must have really needed because I actually fell asleep. I woke up in time to bring the kids back to church for rehearsal (cuz 4 hours this morning was just not quite enough singing time in one day). After a large cup of coffee while I waited for the kids, I finally shook the thing off and was able to function as a normal person for the rest of the evening, meaning that my family actually got to have dinner....never mind that it wasn't until 8pm. Laura had already been asleep for about 3 hours on the couch, but she woke up to eat 2 servings. She then went up the stairs with the rest of the kids to go to bed. No one complained tonight, and it was unusually quiet in our house by 8:30pm. I think we have some catching up on sleep to do for everyone.

No comments: