Sunday, March 9, 2008

Official End of Hockey Season 2007-08

One last day on the ice for Crispy today until next season. Daddy, Grandma, and Lyle all came today to cheer him on, as well as Jonny. Crispy was quite a bit more focused toady (perhaps because of much coaching we provided in his ear all morning). He skated his best, tried to get the puck, and made contact with it once, and possibly even twice! Though he is still the slowest on his team BY FAR, it was nice to see him do his best and give it a good hustle. He was very happy to have a cheering section. He really enjoys hockey and says that he wants to play for 50 years...when he gets too old, he says he wants to be a coach. His lack of speed and experience do not seem to diminish his enjoyment of the game...precisely as it should be!!! The best part was getting a trophy at the end of the game....those little things are pretty exciting!

I spent the afternoon driving back and forth to church with the JAM kids and special rehearsals. Because of timing today, I had to bring the older kids to 5pm church....it is a nice, alternative (and loud) service, but we all like morning church a whole lot better. I was also suffering from a monster headache that came out of nowhere and hit me like a ton of bricks at 3pm. My medicine did not even make a dent in the thing. The sermon was good, but actually a repeat of one I had taken to heart last year about shining for Christ in the workplace. Obviously, my workplace is in the home, and it is something that has been overwhelming me lately. I think I feel more stressed out now than when I went to church this evening....I just want to do the right thing, which is so difficult in a 24/7 job situation with no breaks.

Bob had stayed home, doing dictations. I convinced poor Crispy to skip his hockey banquet tonight(actually, we would have only made it for the last 30 minutes of a 2 hour long event, so it would have been fairly pointless), and I brought the baby up with me to crash on my bed. After a quick nursing session, Bob took the baby so that I could rest for a while. These new headaches are horrible....they move quickly from pain in the head to all over muscle contractions and joint pain. The last few have been nearly incapacitating. I feel I can barely function or see straight. Yuck. Poor me. Boo hoo. I need a new plan, but besides moving to a higher elevation to avoid these barometer changes, I feel a bit stuck. In desperation, I am trying an old muscle relaxer tonight. I hope I feel better in the morning.

No comments: