Saturday, April 26, 2008

Musical Saturday

You've go to be kidding me!!! When I woke up this morning, the ground was covered by about 3 inches of snow. AND, it was STILL SNOWING!!! What in the world is going on? Where is this elusive "Spring" of years gone by? What exactly are we suppose to do with THIS?



After getting over my little rant, we turned this negative into a positive. Since soccer today had been cancelled already yesterday due to the rain, I had made arrangements to take the kids to my parent's house for a sleepover instead. The kids were excitedly packing their things, finding their sleeping bags, and choosing just the right Webkinz to bring along. Laura was one of the first packed. As she waited, she sang us songs with the song cards I had used as a preschool teacher years ago. Here is just a sample of one of her songs (if the video will load!):



By the time we left after lunchtime, the baby was exhausted, super crabby, and ready for a nap. He sang his little baby sleepytime song for about 20 minutes in the truck before finally giving in. Once at Grandma and Grandpa's, he was awake as can be, but unfortunately had not been asleep long enough to ward off the crabbies. We enjoyed some relaxing time with the grandparents, and Laura gave Grandpa a Webkinz tutorial.



After dinner, Alex and I left for the Casting Crowns concert at the Excel Energy Center. To say it was awesome would be an understatement. It was really, truly fantastic. They are such a great group that God has blessed to do his work and ministry in the world. They are a talented bunch of musicians who sing UNapologetically about the truth in such a way that just grips you and convicts you. It is no wonder that they are the number one Christian music group and have won so many awards. It was great to be there with my oldest son and to share that with him. Two years ago, it had been Michael that I had brought with me to the concert.



We were pretty late getting back to my parent's house (well after 11pm)due to traffic....though I had parked in a great "secret" spot that we got out of immediately after the concert, I took a wrong turn out of the lot and we ended up on the wrong side of where we needed to go. We were at the same corner for over 20 minutes! It was kind of crazy. Thomas and Grandma were snuggled on the couch, but he had cried a lot, calling "Ma ma! Ma ma!" after we had left. Poor kid......he is certainly spoiled, but I am just not ready to give up my baby yet!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What precious singing! The next Zajac star is born! Shouldn't this be on U-tube?