Friday, April 4, 2008

Time For Me

Work, work, work, I try not to complain....all the cleaning, laundry, constant picking up that never ends, and leaves little reward. This morning was all about cleaning the garage (again), working on the basement, putting away Easter stuff, digging through mountains of laundry, driving kids, blah, blah, blah, shower at noon, blah blah. Even so, I would pick this over the daily grind in the real world any day. So, thank you, Bob, for working for us...I know that I wouldn't be able to do it (I'd have to take half of my days as sick headache days....probably wouldn't fly too well with any employer!).

After a very productive morning (though no one could notice), I treated myself to tea with a friend. Tubby and I enjoyed a few hours in her comfortable home with a gorgeous view of Lake Waconia, hanging out, chatting, talking about everything, dreams for the future, listening to music, playing with kids, and of course, drinking tea. What a refreshing break from daily humdrum routine. I think that both of us could use this on a regular, more frequent basis....and perhaps she, even more than I, as she does day care in her home and is literally stuck there every day. She also sent me home with a super cool air purifier to try for a week in our home. Maybe this will help some of the headaches and sniffles.

After time that went by too quickly, I reluctantly went "back to work", and made a huge batch of chili for my family before heading off to the Point of Grace/SELAH concert in the cities. Even though Tubby was pretty cranky, Michael offered to watch him so that I could leave before Bob returned home from work. I met up with Pam just a few minutes before the concert start, and we found some seats in the balcony. Though far on the side, they were close enough to see the singers' faces, perfect for viewing the big screen, and quite comfortable. Due to a pregnancy complication, SELAH had to cancel, but had been adequately replaced by one of Pam's favorite singers, Fernando Ortega. I was not familiar with his work, but he played the piano and sang beautifully. The string quartet with him was fantastic...I could listen to cello and viola play all day. Like usual, Point of Grace was as good as ever and did not disappoint...I think that we have been going to their concerts since about the time Alex was born!

We stopped at Biaggi's for dessert (this is our new concert "thing" we do). I had my sights set on my favorite: butternut squash ravioli. But something strange happened when the waiter mentioned the green olive pesto crusted tilapia(I'm not sure how to spell it)...I ordered it! And I hate fish! But it was very very good....and my daddy is going to be so proud of me! I only ate half of it to save room for dessert, and even had the waiter box it up for tomorrow's lunch...so I am planning on eating fish again. How weird. Maybe I am finally growing up.

What a nice break today.....I feel energized to get through the busy busy weekend and start a fresh new week on Monday!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Wow, you passed up butternut squash ravioli? Considering how much work it is to make that one at home, I would take any opportunity to have that - if someone else was making it. But, good for you for branching out.