Saturday, April 12, 2008

Replanned Saturday

Snow on the ground, rain falling down, gray skies not going to clear up.....not my idea of a perfect Spring day. All 3 soccer games were obviously cancelled. A BBQ that we were planning on having this evening with the families of Bob's golfing buddies was cancelled. All of Spring as we typically know it to be seems to be cancelled.

Us "Chicks" (with Sticks) took this wide opening in our schedules to go to Open Skate in Chaska. Before hitting the ice, we stopped at this totally "local" sports bar for one of the best burgers I have ever had. This was a nice compromise to the cancelled BBQ...I had had my heart set on burgers today! We spent a solid 90 minutes on the ice today, practicing our hockey player skating, and I, my backwards stopping. I just can't get it...it is so frustrating to know what I want to do but to be unable to make my body do it. Because I am able to skate backwards with some decent speed, it is quite dangerous to be without braking ability. I worked on sharp 180 degree turns instead, flipping myself forwards to make the stop. Not ideal, but it is better than making crash landings on my face each time.

Jonny had a birthday party to go to this evening that thankfully, was not cancelled. He enjoyed an evening with his friends bowling and eating pizza. He was having so much fun, that he hid under a table when I came to pick him up so that I wouldn't find him. Silly boy! We had a late dinner(almost 8pm), as our cancelled Saturday turned out to be quite busy after all. Imagine that, a busy Saturday for us!

No comments: