Thursday, February 7, 2008

Back on Track

Our washing machine officially works again! Hooray! I do not know how many loads of wash I have done....maybe only 7? But I am just about caught up now to where I was a week and a half ago when the thing broke. There was a tight hair turnaquet wrapped around the water pump mechanism which had stopped it's draining ability. I had planned on checking the pump myself a few days ago after looking up info online, but I never got around to it. Rats....could have saved $145 (that is assuming I didn't wreck the entire machine in the process). Oh well......it works! The computer is also now fixed this morning, so I am able to much more efficiently catch up with all of my computer related "work"(like blogging and finding decorations for Laura's birthday!).

I have been using my Shaklee detergent and softener.....LOVE IT! It is just as wonderful as everything else. Now that I have been using this stuff exclusively around our home for a while, I am totally sold. Not only does it work fantastically everywhere, it is so gentle and smells good too. It just smells clean. I am already planning on ordering more dishwasher detergent and hand soap to replace all the other junk we have around here. I was also pleased to be able to move full time to my new BioKleen dish soap that my wonderful friend Lisa gave to me for Christmas. It cuts grease like nothing, and has the best lemon scent. And of course, it is good for you and the environment. I suppose one day soon I will have to put it on hold for one day just so I can try the Shaklee stuff to complete my review....but for now I don't want to give it up because it is really fantastic!

Thomas learned quite a few new tricks today. He now scoots expertly on his butt, allowing him to get to wherever he desires. This has been especially good for me today as it has kept him happy while I have been catching up on the laundry. I have even folded and put all of it away! That is really saying something since I still have 3 baskets of clothes sitting in my room that are full of summer and early fall items belonging to all the kids. He also learned how to do "High 5!" today. Kind of cute. But the best part was getting his "prayers" on tape. For a few weeks now, every time we say prayers for meals or bedtime, Thomas participates too with his hands folded and head bobbing, similar to the way Laura says her prayers. It is just way too cute and sweet. Very special little guy!
Survivor started up again tonight, so that put me on kettle corn duty. This time, I used the Cub Scout popping corn.....it was great! Most of the kernal brands we try pop such small puffs on the stovetop, but big puffs in the air popper. This stuff popped puffs at least twice the size of any other on the stovetop. It made for the best kettle corn we have had in a long time. Perfect blend of sweet and salty and puffy. Great way to start the new season. I suppose I have now raised the bar for myself and will be expected to make it this well every week! (This is a picture of Jonathan's "National Treasure" Valentine's box that he worked on for several hours today...very creative!)

All these things today were great. But the highlight for me, hands down, was bedtime. Not because the kids went to bed, but because we all piled onto my super comfy Tempurpedic mattress, full of the best fluffy pillows in the world (My Pillow~made in MN), pulled up the soft, microfleece blanket, and read a bedtime story.....just like the "old days" when life was actually not quite as hectic. With the baby sleeping in daddy's arms downstairs, I had plenty of stress-free, quality time with my next 4 youngest kids. We read stories, talked, and finished with a sweet bedtime prayer. It was heavenly! Something I would like to aspire to every evening.....unfortunately, I know that is not a realistic dream....but I'll keep trying!

No comments: