Monday, February 4, 2008

Grateful

Monday, Monday.....what to say?
The snow is so pretty as it falls today.
The kids are at school,
The baby's not sad,
All in all,
It's not too bad.

The laundry smells,
The computer broke,
The phone doesn't work,
And we're out of Coke. (Cherry Coke, that is)

The kids are happy,
The homework's done,
The chores can wait,
So we had some fun.

We read some books,
Colored a page,
Sold some cookies,
Oh, the money we made!

Had some dinner,
Whittled some soap,
Played some hockey,
Told "Skipper" jokes.

Came home late,
Went to bed,
Found Brietta.....
.....the rabbit is dead.

(Grateful I'm not the rabbit)

7 comments:

Alison said...

Wow! I love it! It always amazes me when people write poems and still manage to actually say something. Well done! p.s. Was the rabbit a pet (I hope not)?

Blessed By 8 said...

No...a wild one. At least this one still had it's head on. I blame the psychotic owl that visits our roof for the headless rabbits that sometimes show up in our yard. (I wish the dog wouldn't then play with them!)

Lisa said...

I thought Brietta ran away, found a beau, and got pregnant! You know the old wives tale about the dead rabbit...

Alison said...

No, what is the old wives tale about the dead rabbit? Google here I come...

Blessed By 8 said...

Me too...on to Google! Hey, are we all still awake? We should look into setting up instant messaging! :o)

Lisa said...

All the info you need about this topic is on the following link

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/rabbit.asp

I thought everyone knew about the "dead rabbit - pregnant" reference!

Blessed By 8 said...

Thanks, Lisa! Now it sounds familiar! Boy, that would have been a lot more poetic than the boring real dead rabbit!