Monday, February 11, 2008

Writer's Block Blahs

Hmmmm....Mondays are becoming writer's block days. Perhaps my Sundays just zap every last bit of brain power from me so that on Mondays I need to recharge? I don't know....but this is the second Monday in a row of feeling a bit brain dead in the head.


Laura had a bit of an emotional meltdown today as we talked about her upcoming birthday tomorrow. She said she didn't want to get bigger, and didn't want her birthday. After trying to talk to her about many things, she seemed to feel better after I assured her that she would still be little even though she was turning four, and that she certainly did not have to go to preschool if she didn't want to (apparently four was the magic age for school in her mind). When I reminded her that Crispy never went to preschool either, she got a big smile and was ready to play. We had some good quality time this morning, as the baby was busy exploring the room. We were able to read halfway through one of her magazines, and did the bunny hokey pokey several times. It was a really nice morning with my little La.

A brief bout of creativity returned this evening for about an hour. Jonny's den was given the opportunity for a drawing lesson from a local artist. While they were drawing portraits of each other, Pam and I worked on wording and phrasing for wedding invitations. Despite starting in an overwhelmed state, I think we came up with some pretty good ideas. Hopefully Lyle will like some of the ideas too.

That's about it. Blah blah for now.

No comments: